Sunday, March 6, 2022

Can Someone Fact-Check This -- This Can't Possibly Be Correct -- Or Can It? -- March 6, 2022

Updates

Later, 6:13 p.m. CT: I posted this at 1:42 p.m. CT earlier today -- now we know --

At 6:00 p.m. E.T. tonight, when the oil trading markets open, we will get an idea of how scary the US State Department message is.

Later, 5:27 p.m. CT: a reader just sent me an e-mail; fact-checked the original post. Provided another source. Says this is correct. 

I won't watch CNBC in the a.m. but clearly Joe Kernen will win any debate he might have with Andrew Ross Sorkin over energy tomorrow morning. And, just last week Jim Cramer said "oil is a perma-bear." That doesn't make sense, of course, but the "sentiment" is obvious. What a doofus. 
Of course, the big story last week was the huge position Warren Buffett had taken in OXY, following his other big build in CVX. 
Time to see if PXD CEO is correct when he said even $200-oil would not encourage US shale to drill.

Original Post 

Sunday markets have just opened.

Can someone fact-check this? Can this possibly be true?

The trading price, $122, doesn't seem to match the percent change, dollar change (5.7%; $6.58). 

Link here.

A minute later, 5:15 p.m. CT, Sunday night, March 6, 2022, but this screen shot taken aout 5:17 p.m. CT:

4 comments:

  1. Shot up to $130 and then settled in about $125

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I truly thought there was a typographical error. I thought my old eyes were misreading the small print.

      Delete
  2. Shocked me when I checked. Dont usually on weekends. Almost spewed my coffee when my stocks app opened and showed the 125.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a lot of things surprise me any more but that truly was a shock. And, now, like most analysts, it's oh, that's okay. At least it appears to have stabilized. LOL. This week could be a doozy. But I'm away from the keyboard until the a.m.

      Delete