Sunday, May 2, 2021

Updates Have Been Added To A Recent Post -- May 2, 2021

One of the problems I have with the blog is how to minimize clutter but at the same time not letting new material in the form of updates get buried. 

A reader recently brought DGO to my attention, as well as a comment on DGO from another reader. Since the original post, two additional updates have been added. 

I think the updates are important, but I don't want to bring the updates forward -- the problem with clutter and too many posts -- and that's why I'm simply noting that there are updates and linking the site (as noted above).

The reader brought up an interesting point, one that will stir thoughts / discussions on an old, old subject that was addressed relatively early in the development of the Bakken. 

I'm not going to re-open that argument; there are strong feelings on both sides of the argument. Not being a mineral owner when North Dakota regulators changed the "typical" size of drilling units in the Bakken, I was greatly in favor with what the regulators did. Generally, however, I assume mineral owners were not happy with ever-increasing size of spacing units.

I won't re-open that argument for discussion, but having said that, I still think the NDIC did a fine job of threading the needle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment