Saturday, April 27, 2019

Section 25/36-154-94 -- Hess -- Alkali Creek -- April 27, 2019

See NDIC hearing dockets, May, 2019, link here.
Case 27530, Hess, Alkali Creek-Bakken, fifteen wells on a standup 1280-acre unit, sections 25/36-154-94, Mountrail County
Again, this is a hearing dockets case, not a permit.

Assuming I did not make a mistake looking at the NDIC map, this is what that drilling unit looks like today:



I count twelve wells already there. Now, Hess is looking to put an additional 15 wells there?

When I first started the blog, it was my impression most folks thought there would be one well per section. I was the first to post that "if you had one well, you would definitely have four; you might have eight, and you could possibly have twelve." The early graphics by CLR suggested as many as 24 to 48 wells in a 1280-acre drilling unit but that was a long, long time ago. I haven't posted those schematics in a long, long time. But here we go -- upwards of  24 wells in a single drilling unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment