Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Science Is Settled -- Global Warming Adds Tons Of Ice To Greenland -- Predicted By Warmists -- January 4, 2017

From The Daily Caller:
Greenland’s ice sheet kicked off 2017 gaining about eight gigatons of snow and ice, which is well above what’s usually added to the ice sheet January 1 for the last 24 years, according to Danish meteorologists.

In fact, Greenland’s ice sheet has been gaining ice and snow at a rate not seen in years based on Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI) data. DMI reports the Greenland ice sheet’s “mass surface budget” has been growing significantly since October, 2016.

Greenland’s “surface mass budget” for winter 2016-2017 is already more than two standard deviations higher than the northern ice sheet’s mean snow and ice accumulation over the last 24 years. DMI data shows the ice sheet added 8 gigatons of ice and snow January 1, 2017, well above the standard deviation for that day. 
If the GOP is smart, and I'm having my doubts, they need to start reading this "stuff" into the Federal Register.  I know David Muir, over at ABC News, won't be reading it. Maybe Trump will tweet it.

************************
The Physics Page

This is actually quite funny -- I've been mentioning "quantum theory" off and on for the past few weeks. Not for any reason; I just get into different phases that run awhile and then I move on to something else.

Coincidentally, I've also noted that quantum theory is being referenced in any number of other media outlets. Today was the latest example: in the current issue of The New York Review of Books: "The Trouble with Quantum Mechanics" by Steven Weinberg. I've not read it yet. I'm restraining myself until I am really ready to enjoy it.

For folks who feel comfortable with the subject, they may enjoy Louisa Gilder's The Age of Entanglement: When Quantum Physics Was Reborn, c. 2008. It remains my favorite "pop" reference on quantum.

No comments:

Post a Comment