Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Little Humor? At Least In The Eyes Of Someone, I'm Somebody

Maybe I'm just exhausted and anything will strike me funny. If so, this e-mail from an airline I recently flew on arrived at a "bad" time.

Member:
My Name (as the airline has it on file)
Member  #:
XXXXXXX
Membership Tier:
Somebody
Miles posted this month:
781 miles
No miles are due to expire.
Miles expired:
0 miles have expired from your account.
Account Balance:
1615 miles


I don't have very many miles. I didn't apply for a credit card from the airlines that would have given me a gazillion free miles and two free trips (assuming I qualified for the credit card).

I can't imagine there are many "membership tiers" below "Somebody."

Perhaps:
  • Dumb a$$
  • Nobody
  • Terrorist
  • Religious fanatic
  • The unknown comic
************************
A Note To The Granddaughters

I debated whether to include that first category above -- the one with the dollar signs. But I ultimately went with it.

Our six-year-old granddaughter has a great "dumb a$$" story involving her grandmother so I think I'm on safe ground.

As long as I don't repeat the story here.

************************


Your Nobody Called Today, Sylvia

The other day I mentioned to someone in Starbucks that country/western songs have (had?) the best "hooks." "I won't stand in line behind nobody" is a great line. Same with "don't it make my brown eyes blue" and "quarter moon in a ten-cent town." The list is endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment