Monday, January 23, 2012

Keystone XL Cancellation Benefited Obama's Very, Very Close Friend Who Would Like To Pay More Taxes -- Bloomberg -- The Bakken, North Dakota, USA

My eyes are glazed over, I am exhausted, answering so much e-mail and replying to so many comments -- I have to take a break.

CRC sent me this link: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-23/buffett-s-burlington-northern-among-winners-in-obama-rejection-of-pipeline.html
and I was not going to post it. I know the story well and have posted it at least twice if not more often (I can think of at least three times, I guess, I posted this story or alluded to it), so I did not want to post it again.

But now I see it's on the front page of Drudge Report taken from/linked to Bloomberg -- so I guess I better link it.

So, consider it linked. I'm too tired to talk about it but maybe later.

And yes, the Keystone XL 1.0 is canceled. Killed. See my other posts explaining my terminology. Keystone XL 1.0 was canceled some time ago. It was canceled due to an unusual coalition of folks in Warren's home state, and perhaps his home town.

The president just killed Keystone XL 2.0.

They are now working on Keystone XL 2.1 and possibly Keystone XL 3.0.

Keystone XL 2.1 could be voted upon by the states and / or Congress. Keystone 3.0 will be presented to the president after the election.

Regardless, the earliest TransCanada says Keystone XL X.X will be operational is now 2014.

Plenty of time for Enbridge and Warren to keep on doing what they're doing.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw the Keystone and Buffett Railroad stories linked on Drudge. These are "Groundhog
    Day" stories, same thing over and over.

    I've read the basics here for a year or so. Drudge linking stories is significant because it tends to "mainstream" the stories. Even here in Minneapolis, before Christmas people had barely heard of Keystone or crude oil trains.

    Watch for a lot of lame-stream media stories on these two in the next week.

    Here is a blast from the past I posted yesterday on my fourfiftygas.com

    Newt Gingrich in 2008: Update on 'Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less.'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIjyT5_2N_I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have said on my site, "thank goodness for Drudge." Without Drudge a lot of information would never get to mainstream media. I think Drudge has provided a great service getting alternate sides of the story before the public, forcing NBC, CBS, ABC, NY Times, etc., to keep on their toes with regard to fairness, integrity, honesty, though it's still a stretch for all of them most of the time.

      Delete