Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Think Hell Just Froze Over -- Bakken, North Dakota,USA

Update

Now that I've gotten the shock out of my system, a comment. Let's say you are one of the 20 percent unemployed or underemployed, or that you are a New Yorker, or a Californian, and you know that the President is to release a list of fourteen (14) critical initiatives to get folks back to work and home prices moving upward again, and get Wall Street fixed, and then you hear that one of the fourteen initiatives on the list is "expedite permits on North Dakota grasslands."

Say what? Does that even get a NoDak excited? When you get right down to it, with all the problems facing the US, and all the ideas floating about how to change things, I am absolutely impressed that North Dakota grasslands almost made it to the top ten, and in the final analysis made it to the final list.

I honestly did not think North Dakota was all that important to Washington, DC. I am impressed with whomever got this issue to the Oval Office.

I haven't seen the list of 14 initiatives, but something tells me the Gulf permitorium has not been listed. But the North Dakota grasslands permitorium has. Pretty impressive. I didn't know "we" were that important.

Original Post

(I think that phrase is okay, as long as it is not swearing.)

Link here.
About 80 applications for oil and gas projects in North Dakota's national grasslands will be put on the fast-track through the federal review process.

President Barack Obama announced late Monday that infrastructure projects in the Dakota Prairie and Little Missouri National Grasslands have been designated among 14 high priority projects nationwide. The projects will be expedited through permitting and environmental review processes so construction can begin as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment