Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MDU Might Be the Perfect Stock to Buy Right Now

There was a lot of talk today on various CNBC shows about "flight to safety": utilities, telecoms, health care.

One utility that is very diversified, and located in the heart of the Bakken, is MDU. It continues to trade in a narrow range, but with a hint of moving slightly higher over past few weeks. Since $20.66 in February, 2011, MDU is now over $23. (Look at the one-year graph for MDU.)

Today, on another "down" day for the market, MDU was up a bit.

I sold my MDU one or two years ago -- I had accumulated shares in MDU over twenty years, but finally got out when it looked like there were better places to invest. I don't hold any shares of MDU right now, so I am reporting this not as a plug for investing, as much as a company that might be sitting in the best of both worlds right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment