Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nine (9) New Permits -- Spearfish Formation -- Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Operators: BEXP (4), Ballantyne (2), Denbury, Slawson, and OXY USA

Fields: Banks, Camp, Southwest Landa, Tobacco Garden, Van Hook, and Dimond

BEXP is putting two 2-wells pads in; one in Banks, one in Camp.

Ballantyne has two wells going into Bottineau County, Southwest Landa oil field.

And any time you see Dimond oil field, it is most likely going to be an OXY USA well.

There was no reporting of any production of any wells on today's daily activity report.

However, the report, normally one to two pages, was six pages long today.

Ward-Williston had a full page of well name changes. The previous names were all surface-owner specific, and similar, but now they have all been changed to "MRPSU XX-XX." The first two digits refer to the section and the second is specific for the well. I assume "MRPSU" stands for Mouse River Park Sherwood Unit -- see first comment below (thank you to the individual who pointed that out for me). I don't find Mouse River Park Sherwood Unit on the GIS map server, but it is listed on the Confidential List.

In addition, there was a change in operator from Sagebrush Resources to Petro Harvester Operating Company, LLC, affecting about four pages of wells. Petro Harvester website here.

6 comments:

  1. May lease nominations just posted by ND land dept.

    Somebody is moving into Adams county in a big way !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: couldn't find your email address but the latest episode of the Stuff You Should Know podcast has a really good rundown of oil speculation and how it relates to the price of gas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's incredible. It looks like the entire county! Smile. I don't recall such a long in a quite awhile.

    This will be very interesting to watch.

    Thanks for alerting me. I've added May 4 to my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that the 'S' in MRPSU doesn't necessarily mean Spearfish. Not saying you're wrong, but there is a unit up there called the Mouse River Park Sherwood Unit. Most all the wells you're refering to produce from the Madison as well. You may be correct, but you may be jumping to conclusions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are correct -- I will change the post.

    I did not know what the "S" stood for. I did not find the "Sherwood" unit but you must be correct.

    They generally don't name these units after a formation.

    Thank you very much. I appreciate the feedback.

    Look for a changed post up above when I get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not find the Mouse River Park Sherwood Unit on the GIS map server, but it is on the Confidential List. Again, thank you for pointing that out for me.

    ReplyDelete