Thursday, September 30, 2010

Motley Fool: Big Upgrade for EOG

Subject line says it all. In addition, the article mentions several other Bakken companies, including BEXP and MRO.

For investors only: this one I feel good about. Quite awhile ago when a share of EOG went over $100, I said that if EOG ever went below $90 again, I would invest in EOG. EOG continued to appreciate, over $110, before it dropped back, and yes, when it hit $88, I actually bought as many shares as I could afford at the time. That was my first purchase of EOG stock. EOG has since gone back up to $93 or so, and now this nice article about EOG appears in the Motley Fool. One of the few times the stars all aligned and I was able to buy shares in a company I never thought I would get another chance to own. Kinda funny how things work out.

At SeekingAlpha there's a nice article on "the hybrid model": oil and natural gas. And again, EOG receives prominent billing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment