Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Notes From All Over -- Part 2 -- October 12, 2021

Fischer Investments: after a year or so of Ken Fisher being absent from commercials for his company, I see that he has returned. For the first time in a long time, I see him in a new Fisher Investment commercial today. 

Apple, Inc: has just announced its second fall event -- Monday, October 18, 2021. This confounds the "experts." LOL. Because we are already well into the month of October, experts thought the date would be much later in October, and then this: Apple's events are "always" on Tuesday. This one is on a Monday.

Southwest Airlines: Jim Cramer does not buy the story. Nor do I. My hunch: Jim Cramer knows Phil LaBeau is a tool for the airlines (and the auto manufacturers). The new meme: Southwest Airlines' business model doesn't work. All of a sudden, the model doesn't work after all these years? LOL. David Farber, CNBC, refuses to discuss it; doesn't want to touch it with a ten-foot pole.

Permian: future wells will not be brought online by APACHE without adequate natural gas takeaway, going forward -- CEO. Link here. Pre-market: with price of oil continuing to go up, APA is down about a third of a percent in pre-market trading. EOG, also down (about 0.2%); Pioneer down bout 0.5%. Later in trading day: APA up 0.65%; EOG still down 0.27%; and PXD: down about 1.5%.

Covid origins: hopefully not blocked by a paywall. I was able to access full article. I ignored what I wanted to ignore -- I'm pretty bored with the origins of the virus -- but I enjoyed the photos. From The Washington Post

Israel: link here -- note: the Israelis have not -- nor has anyone -- immunized the reservoir.


4 comments:

  1. Oil stonks: Might be related to natty prices going down. Or perhaps the rumor that Biden is considering export bans again.

    In general, companies are going to move off of the strip price also (say DEC23), not the prompt. Since the price of a stock is based on all future earnings, not just near term. That said, I don't see anything notable in the strip versus prompt now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're referring to the announcement by Apache -- no more wells will be brought on line until there's adequate natural gas takeaway -- in addition: a shot across the state of Texas to let the state know the Permian won't be fully worked until there is adequate infrastructure.

      Delete
  2. No, I was referring to gas prices in general. I.e. Henry Hub. Since several oil stocks were down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that could be. I also saw energy stock prices down in general, was a bit confused since oil was holding. My hunch: algorithms, taking profits. Since then, this afternoon, the few oil stocks I looked at are up quite significantly. Simply background variability, I suppose.

      Delete