Thursday, December 26, 2019

We May Have An Explanation For Burning Oil To Generate Electricity -- Even If Not Needed -- December 26, 2019

Re-posting from earlier today. I don't want folks to miss it. If accurate, it just explains how "crazy" the world has become.

*********************************
Burning Oil In The US To Generate Electricity
To Max Out Pollution Credits By The End Of The Year

Fact: ISO New England has more than enough energy the past two days (including today) so as not to have to use oil. Earlier I asked why ISO New England might be burning oil under these circumstances. A reader who corresponds with me closely regarding ISO New England and understands it very, very well, had this to say after I posed the question:
I have also been curious as to why oil is being burned as per the ISO. 
While I am certain the source/reason can be found, I, my self, do not know, but suspect it is coming from the oil burning Wyman plant in Yarmouth, Maine.

The restrictions on emissions might be prompting an 'end of the year' burning of onsite fuel so as to 'use up' all the permitted pollutants before December 31, 2019. 
Don't know, but the steady ~355 Megawatts produced from oil for several mid-morning hours indicates a controlled, purposeful operation.
If accurate, it shows just how screwed up the world really is. 

The reader's response came in reply to my note below, posted earlier today:

Plenty of energy today, not sure why they're burning oil to generate electricity:


********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment