Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Video And Graphic Of New Underpass Under The "Original" Williston Bypass -- August 26, 2014

[See first comment. I accidentally deleted it when trying to post it; I was able to "save" it but had to post under/over my name.]

Turn the volume OFF.

Bypass underpass, west side of Williston
 
This is really quite impressive, how fast this is moving. The entry to the underpass, from the east ("old Williston)" is just to the north (or the right) of the Williston High School track and football field (the field is geographically separated from the high school), a continuation of 18th Street, a major thoroughfare for that part of town. According to the map below, it looks like it will connect with Bison Drive, one of the "new" parts of Williston.


3 comments:

  1. I accidentally deleted this comment; so I copied and pasted it over my name, but it was sent in my someone else.

    "I was opposed to the location of this underpass at first. It seemed odd that you are on 18th Street on the east side, but once you get to the west side, you are on Bison Drive and 18th street on the west side is now 1 block north of you. But I also heard they will widen Bison Drive or eliminate parking on the streets in the apartment complex areas, and Bison will somehow extend to the new 32nd street they just opened up. So maybe it will be ok. But, if Bison drive just comes to a dead end...it kind of defeated the whole purpose of putting in an over pass. At least when you drove on 18th street heading west, you continued on 18th street on the other side of the bypass and hit some of the new residential areas. Kind of a strange plan all around."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree completely with hopes that Bison Drive will be extended to the new 32nd Street (or is it 32nd Avenue?) Connector.

      Delete
    2. It's 32nd Avenue. My fault. I messed up early on calling it "32nd Street." It is "32nd Avenue" connecting Harvest Hills subdivision with the retail center on 2/85 west of Williston, near Buffalo Wings. I hope I have that right now.

      Delete