Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Bakken Shale Formation Is Part Of An Exclusive Club Among Global Oil Fields

I know I posted some time ago that North Dakota oil production most likely went over the one-million-bopd milestone back in April but we won't know until the Director's Cut is released in June, 2014.

I can't remember if I posted this note from The Bistmarck Tribune, published May 21, 2014, but I don't think so. The "exclusivity" feature would have caught my eye:
North Dakota's top energy industry regulator says he expects April's oil production figures to be over 1 million barrels daily. 
He says he expects oil production to increase from 977,000 barrels daily in March.
Helms says the Bakken shale formation in North Dakota and Montana is "an exclusive club." He says that out of the 65,000 oil fields worldwide, only 150 including the Bakken have exceeded 1 billion barrels of oil. North Dakota has generated more than 850 million barrels of Bakken crude, and Montana has produced more than 150 million barrels through the first quarter of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment