Monday, May 27, 2013

Airline Boardings Hit A Record For April In The Bakken Oil Patch

The Dickinson Press is reporting:
Grand Forks all had their highest April boardings on record this year.
The state Aeronautics Commission says boardings at the state's eight large airports were up nearly 5.5 percent overall from April 2012. Williston had the biggest increase, with a rise of more than 162 percent.
Williston is in the heart of the booming western oil patch. Aeronautics Commissioner Larry Taborsky says an increase in airline service in North Dakota is another reason for the jump in boardings.

2 comments:

  1. I think Williston's boardings will only continue to rise now that they have jet service from Delta and United. Minot's decrease probably indicates how many people from the Williston area were driving over to Minot to fly out on a jet vs. prop. As Williston continues to grow, I'm sure there boardings will someday be comparable to Minot's or Bismarck's? Especially with a new airport that will handle larger jets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree 100%. Thank you for taking time to write.

      I can't remember if I posted this (I think I did). Having flown enough in my 30 years in the USAF, and then living in San Antonio where I was so close to the airport, I walked to it from home when flying, I have come to the conclusion, Williston should build a new airport midway between Alexander and Williston, or perhaps at Alexander itself. Call it the Bakken International Airport.

      Delete