Monday, March 5, 2012

Dore, North Dakota, Update -- The Bakken, North Dakota, USA

I'm not in the Bakken right now so I need to rely on others to help me visualize what's going on up there. This note from a contributor elsewhere gives a nice "picture" of Dore, North Dakota. I always enjoyed driving through Dore on our way to Sidney. One really doesn't know that a "Dore" is there -- I would't have know it was there except for the long line of brand new black rail oil tankers.

Dore has a crude-by-rail terminal (it was being built last autumn) and storage tanks.

There will be a new 500-bed man-camp in the immediate area, as well as a number of single family units. Apparently a number of wells have been staked along County Road 140 between Dore, ND, and Sioux Pass, MT.

Seeing how much activity there was in this area last autumn, I can only imagine how busy it has gotten since.

No comments:

Post a Comment