Murex Petroleum Corporation, an oil and gas company, intends to sell certain oil and gas assets in Williston Basin in North Dakota and Montana.One can get a vague idea of Murex' acreage in North Dakota at this site.
The assets include interest in 5,174 net Bakken and Three Forks leasehold acres in Grace S.W. Prospect in McKenzie County. The assets are located along the North Dakota and Montana border in T150N – R104W.
My hunch: CLR will buy.
According to the NDIC GIS map server this area is fairly inactive. There is one little section in the immediate area, a one-section oil field, Hay Creek. There are two producing wells, and one permitted location in this one section (actually two 1/2 sections of adjoining sections, sections 9 and 16:
- 12262, Duperow/4; Madison/28; Duperow/30; Red River/817; Murex, B. Langwald 1, Hay Creek, s11/87; total cumulative for Red River: 283K; total cumulative for Duperow: 70K; total cumulative for Madison: 86K; total cumulative for all three formations: 487K for all formations; Madison and Duperow still producing
- 12648, Duperow/83; Madison/50; Red River/Dry; CLR, Yellowstone 1, Hay Creek, s6/89; Duperow, t7/89; cum 147K; pump, 8/03; Madison, cum 68K; 1/12; total cumulative 215K for both formations
- 22345, loc, Murex, Amber Elizabeth 9-4H, Bakken, Hay Creek;
- 13357, 70, Oasis, Karst 1-5X, Harding field, Madison, s5/92; t6/92; AL; cum 439K 1/12; still producing 600 bbls/month
- 13509, 65, Citation Oil, Miller 23-6, Harding field, Madison, s4/93; t5/93; cum 129K 1/12; still producing 250 bbls/month
- 13576, 33, Oasis, Andrew 1-5, Harding field, Madison, s9/93; t11/93; cum 122K 1/12; still producing but erratic, about 250 bbls/month
- 15433, 17, Oasis, Karst 13-5, Harding field, Madison, s7/03; t10/03; cum 21K 1/12; producing 100 bbls per month