Monday, June 7, 2010

More From Whiting

I do not own shares in Whiting, and I am not promoting Whiting. It is just a coincidence that so much news seems to be coming out of Whiting right now.

From a press release today:
Whiting's Behr 11-34H, located in the east-central portion of the Sanish field, has produced a cumulative total of more than 575,000 BOE since its completion on June 17, 2008. The well's initial production rate during a 24-hour test was 3,245 BOE per day. The Behr well, which was fracture stimulated in 11 stages, continues to flow. It is currently producing at a rate of 786 BOE per day.
Some folks say I am inappropriately exuberant about the Bakken. I confess. I am. (600K@$50=$30 million at the wellhead)

I assume the statement "continues to flow," means a pump has not yet been put on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment