Thursday, January 24, 2019

Hess To Put Fourteen Wells On A Drilling Unit Outside Of Epping, ND -- January 24, 2019

Hearing dockets, Wednesday, February 20, 2019:
  • Case (not permit) 27291, Hess, Wheelock-Bakken, amend, establish an overlapping 2560-acre unit; 14 wells, Williams; sections 18, 19, 30, and 31 - 156-98;
The graphic:

The wells will likely be sited along the section line between section19 and section 30; half of the wells will probably run north; half will run south. The drilling unit is outside of Epping (seen on the graphic) and just a short drive from Williston to the southwest. The drilling unit is just north of the noteworthy CLR Brooklyn field.

Current, producing wells inside that drilling unit:
  • 19395, 778, Hess, Haug 14-19H, t4/11; cum 219K 11/18;
  • 20391, 824, Hess, GO-Haug-156-98-30-31H-1, t9/11; cum 250K 11/18; 
****************************** 

Old Rivers, Walter Brennen

My dad and I took a lot of "drives" up to Epping and Wheelock over the years. Along the way, my dad would reminisce about his boyhood days on the farm just south of Newell, SD. He told me how his dad would plow the field behind two horses. Every time I hear this song, I think of my dad and my granddad. If I could live my life over, I would spend more summers with my granddad. Maybe I would have talked my parents into letting me live on that farm for a year or so. I doubt I would have survived.

I remember visiting the farm one summer when I must have been about five years old -- maybe Sophia's age. I wandered into the barn and struck up a conversation with a hired hand who must have been about sixteen years old -- maybe younger, I don't know. When one is five years old, all older kids look about sixteen. We talked for awhile; he was fixing a piece of equipment. His hands were all grimy and oily. He said "his dad kicked the can." I did not know what that meant at the time. I took the phrase literally; wondering why that was important enough to mention.

Since then I've always thought he said that to tell me how fortunate I was to know my granddad. I think about that a lot with Sophia.

No comments:

Post a Comment