All the driving for the week has been completed. Yes, lots of driving on the weekend, but the weekends are different. The weekdays are challenging coordinating schedules for three active granddaughters between the hours of 4:30 and 9:30 p.m.
It is 7:49 p.m. and I'm free. Free. Free. No driving until 8:30 a.m. tomorrow morning.
Not even sure I will do a typical Bakken blog tonight.
I questioned earlier whether EOG might be looking to exit the Bakken. Based on today's NDIC "daily activity report" it looks like EOG is sticking around for awhile. Oasis says it is using free cash flow from the Bakken to fund its operational expenses in the Permian. Interesting, huh?
I can't stand Anderson Cooper, but I think that's mostly because he's associated with CNN. I don't like him but he's too good to be on CNN. He needs to move to .... Fox ... LOL. See this link: https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-ratings-plummet-lowest-three-years.
Also thirteen Bakken wells are reported as "producing or plugged." In the Bakken, that means they are all producing. Most of them are Continental Resources (CLR) wells; two are Whiting wells.
MRO re-surveyed a pad that will have five wells, section 34-152-94.
This information (today's daily activity report), and,
- the EIA dashboards; and,
- the $95,000/acre some operators paid for the Bakken
- tell me all I need to know why operators are sticking around in the Bakken.
As if Trump could orchestrate the best jobs report in years! LOL. And after the jobs report, the Dow surges 330 points, one of the best days ever for the Dow. And Trump, according to MarketWatch orchestrated it all. And Sophia now has two unicorns in her stable. LOL. As if Trump could orchestrate a jobs report. I always thought Obama "manipulated" jobs reports but pundits at that time said presidents could not orchestrate such reports.
My biggest decision tonight: do I watch the Bourne Identity on PARHD or do I watch "Perry Mason" on Amazon Prime Video. "PARHD" is Paramount. Pay your money, take your chance. I won't watch any basketball tonight. Least favorite sport. Even baseball is better. Having said that, I won't watch soccer either, generally speaking.
Random data point: the US has 27 days of crude oil in inventory, not including SPR. Link here. It's been higher/longer, but 27 days is about a week too long if one is highly invested in oil.
For all the excitement about the market today, it essentially got back to where it was a week ago. Ovey.
I'm heading to bed. See you tomorrow. Goodnight and good luck to all. But first, today's daily activity report:
Five new permits:
- Operator: EOG
- Field: Parshall (Mountrail)
- EOG has permits for a 5-well Liberty LR pad in section 14-151-91, Parshall oil field.
- See this post.
- CLR (9): six Uhlman Federal; three Pittsburgh wells, all in McKenzie County;
- Whiting (2): a Fladeland well and a Niemitalo well, both in Mountrail County;
- Hess (2): two EN-Weyrauch B wells in Mountrail County
- EOG (9): five Round Prairie permits in Williams County; four Parshall permits in Mountrail County;
- MRO (5): one Whitney/Alvina/Stillwell/Coan/Mathias permit, all in Dunn County
- Southwestern Production (3): three TMW permits in Billings County
- Petro-Hunt (2): two Noonan Federal permits in McKenzie County
- Petro Harvester (2): two FLX2 permits in Burke County
- Denbury: a CHSU permit in Bowman County
- 01350; 01571; 26008; 19046; 13735; and 13405;
- 35518, 1,722, Hess, EN-Person-156-94-1102H-5, Big Butte, t10/19; cum 15K in 16 days;
- 35517, 2,290, Hess, EN-Person-156-94-1102H-4, Big Butte, t10/19; cum 14K in 12 days;
- 36299, 1,960, Newfield, Schneiderman 150-99-29-32-6H, South Tobacco Garden, t10/19; cum 42K in 12 days; extrapolates to 52K in a 30-day month;
- 36300, 876, Newfield, Schneiderman 150-99-29-32-7H, South Tobacco Garden, t10/19; cum 19K in 19 days;
- 36494, 2,472, Whiting, Irwin 41-25H, Foreman Butte, t10/19; cum 6K in 7 days; these two wells are almost wildcats by definition; far to the west in north McKenzie County; nearest well is #23901, drilled in 2013, cumulative of 207K, 10/19;
- 36495, 2,256, Whiting, Irwin 41-25-2H, Foreman Bute, t10/19; cum 6K in 7 days;