Monday, August 12, 2019

Idle Rambling On CLR's LCU -- August 12, 2019

Earlier today I wrote the following about CLR's for 60 wells in the Long Creek Unit:
This is a huge story on so many levels.

I think it's important to connect these dots:
  • CLR's 2Q19 earnings call, prepared remarks
  • CLR's 2Q19 earnings call, Q&A
  • CLR's "Long Creek Unit"
So, now today, we see XTO with ten new permits for their HBU Muller project.

The CLR 60-well project (56 new wells; 5 parent wells already producing) will be accomplished with .... two ... yes, repeat .. just two rigs.

I assume XTO will accomplish the HBU Muller project with a single rig.

By the way, with regard to the CLR Long Creek Unit project, I think there's more to the story. Another natural gas processing plant perhaps? See this note from November 18, 2013.

Natural gas processing plants in North Dakota are tracked here. I'm not aware of natural gas processing plant in this immediate area. There are two such plants on the far west side of Williston, but not "good" for the LCU. Knowing Harold Harmm, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see some "spin-offs" from this story. I'm sure there's a pipeline story somewhere in there, also. A reader tells me to think big: a plastics plant? Right on the water? A small mall with commissary, truck wash, clothing store, bar, restaurant, did I mention a bar? This area will employ a lot of folks, drilling and then servicing 56 wells in a 10-square mile area. I could be wrong but I think the Scottish-like links course is also out this way. I'll post a map later. For now, I get to pick up Sophia from TutorTime. [The Links of North Dakota is sited on the north side of the river, somewhat midway, as the bald eagle flies, between Hofflund oil field and Long Creek oil field, both sites of major "unit" development projects.]

The CLR LCU is tracked here.

No comments:

Post a Comment