October 11, 2019: another update here.
October 10, 2019: another update here.
August 25, 2019: production data update now that all wells have been completed;
July 11, 2019: #35082 reports today; another huge "H1" well.
- 35083, 1,593, CLR, Morris 8-26H1, Oakdale, t4/19; cum 171K 9/19;
May 15, 2019: another Morris well --
- 35109, 956, CLR, Morris 7-26H2, Oakdale, t4/19; cum 102K 9/19;
- most of the neighboring wells are now off-line
- it looks like the following will show at least a small jump in production: #18858;
August 6, 2018: CLR has two more Carson Peak permits, #35272 and #35273.
- 35109, 956, CLR, Morris 7026H2, Oakdale, t4/19; cum 102K 9/19;
- 17079, 559, CLR, Carson Peak 44-2H, t6/08; cum 335K 9/19; a re-frack candidate; off-line as of 5/18; back on line as of 31/9; no halo effect;
- 17334, 811, CLR, Morris 1-23H, t11/08/ cum 329K 9/19; another re-frack candidate; off-line 5/18; back on line as of 6/18; back on line as of 4/19; looks like a pretty significant halo effect;
- 18858, 715, CLR, Morris 3-26H, t5/11; cum 492K 9/19; yes, a candidate for a re-frack; back on line 4/19; subtle halo effect; off line as of 7/19; back on line 8/19;
- 18859, 680, CLR, Carson Peak 3-35H, t5/11; cum 751k 9/19; nice production profile (5/18); huge jump in production;
- 18860, 517, CLR, Morris 2-26H, t5/11; cum 300K 4/19; remains off line as of 5/19; two days in 6/19; fourteen days in 7/19; off line, 8/19; remains off line 9/19;
- 18861, 759, CLR, Carson Peak 2-35H, t5/11; cum 718K 4/19; remains off line as of 8/19; remains off line 9/19;
- 35272, 3,376, CLR, Carson Peak 4-35HSL, Oakdale, t6/19; cum 170K 9/19; huge well;
- 35273, 2,405, CLR, Carson Peak 5-35H2, Oakdale, t6/19; cum 72K in less than two months; cum 137K 9/19;
- 35082, 1,593, CLR, Morris 8-26H1, Oakdale, see this note; t4/19; cum 171K 9/19;
July 2, 2018: note the production profiles of some of these wells.
July 2, 2018: CLR has permits for another 8-well Carson Peak/Morris pad in SWNE 26-147-96; updated graphic:
March 15, 2018: production data has been updated. The graphic of this area has not changed since the original post.
A reader sent me this note. It provides a lot more background that helps explain the Bakken.
Attached is a proposal by Continental to drill an additional 24 wells in the Oakdale field.
You recently posted an article about the new wells being completed in Rattlesnake Point, and that prompted me to send this to you.
There are 6 existing wells in the subject 2560 acre spacing, and Continental has proposed drilling another 24 wells there.
In addition, Sections 35 and 2 sit right next to the monster Whitman well that you’ve been following.
Apparently, Continental thinks there’s a natural fracture at the location of the Whitman well, so it’s likely that Continental wants to see how large an area that fracture covers.
The 2560 that sits to the east of these proposed wells are the Weydahl/Brandvik wells that Continental has drilled but not completed. There are 14 DUCs in that 2560 waiting to be fracked. Continental must have high regard for the potential in this area.In the graphic that accompanied CLR's proposal/request, it's hard to count the existing/proposed wells. I counted 32 but the correct number is 30.
This is the current situation as noted by NDIC:
Later, I will go back and link some of the wells mentioned in this post, and some of the other posts that pertain to this.
- 17079, 559, CLR, Carson Peak 44-2H, t6/08; cum 335K 9/19; a re-frack candidate; off line for a few months; back on line 3/19;
- 17334, 811, CLR, Morris 1-23H, t11/08/ cum 329K 9/19; another re-frack candidate; huge jump in production in 4/19;
- 18858, 715, CLR, Morris 3-26H, t5/11; cum 492K 9/19; yes, ready to be re-fracked; off line 7/19; back on line 8/19; not much of a jump in production;
- 18859, 680, CLR, Carson Peak 3-35H, t5/11; cum 751K 9/19; nice production profile (5/18); huge jump in production, 4/19;
- 18860, 517, CLR, Morris 2-26H, t5/11; cum 300K 7/19; off line 8/18; starting to come back on line as of 7/19; off line 9/19;
- 18861, 759, CLR, Carson Peak 2-35H, t5/11; cum 718K 7/19; off line since 10/18; starting to come back on line, maybe, 7/19; still off line 9/19;
By the way, the proposal also included a list of mineral owners. There are exactly 50 mineral owners noted, including:
- CLR: 35.36%
- BR: 35.36%
- XTO: 9.37%
- Imperial Oil: 2.34%
- Hess: 1.88%
- three private individuals, each with 0.01%