Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sunday Morning -- July 8, 2018 -- I Just Want To Dance With You -- Nothing To Do With The Bakken

Part 3. Part One was here; part two is here. Phil Spector pops up everywhere. Part 4 is here.

From Brooklyn Vegan:  John Prine releases his first LP of new songs in thirteen years -- February 8, 2018.
Folk and songwriting great John Prine seems like he’s always on the road playing shows, but it’s been a while since he’s released an album of new songs.
Thirteen years to be specific, but he’s got a new album, The Tree of Forgiveness, on the way which features songwriting collaborations with The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach and Phil Spector, and the record itself features guest appearances by Brandi Carlile, Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires.
It’s out April 13 via Oh Boy Records and you can listen to “Summer’s End,” which features Brandi Carlile on backing vocals, below.
Black Keys? See this site. Also at American Song.

From Rolling Stone:
John Prine has set April 13th as the release date for his first album of all-new material in more than 13 years.
The Tree of Forgiveness, on the iconic singer-songwriter’s own Oh Boy label, was produced by Dave Cobb, the Grammy winner who has helmed projects for Chris Stapleton, Jason Isbell and Mary Chapin Carpenter, among others.
Recorded at Nashville‘s RCA Studio A, the album features several Prine co-writes with such noted tunesmiths as Roger Cook (the pair previously co-wrote George Strait‘s 1998 chart-topper “I Just Want to Dance With You”), the Black Key’s Dan Auerbach, Keith Sykes and Phil Spector.
Special guests on the record include Brandi Carlile, Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires.
I Just Want To Dance With You, George Strait

Knockin' On Your Screen Door, John Prine

2 comments:

  1. Bruce,
    Just wanted to drop you a line to tell you how much I've enjoyed your blog over the past several years. I started reading you back in 2013 when I was living in Williston, ND, working as a financial guy for several of the oil and gas service companies up there. I particularly like that your blog is not limited to the oil/gas industry, or to ND, but that you cover a range of topics. Because of you, I used to visit the bookstore just off Main Street in Williston often, and always enjoyed myself there. Anyway, thanks for the efforts, and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much appreciate your kind words. Yes, I found out early that if I blogged only about the Bakken, it would become boring, despite the fact that the Bakken never ceases to amaze me.

      My favorite bookstore is the "Bookstore on Broadway" in Williston, and I've visited many bookstores over the years.

      Delete