Thursday, April 16, 2015

Note The Break-Even Cost In The Eagle Ford -- And Saudi Says Their Oil Is "Cheap" -- April 16, 2015

I forget if I posted this story earlier. The link was sent to me by a reader at a time when I was off the internet for awhile and had forgotten about it. With the news that the bulk of uncompleted wells in the Bakken belong to EOG, the article at this FuelFix link caught my interest:
There are nearly 1,400 wells in the Eagle Ford Shale that have been drilled but not completed.
Oil prices are hovering around $50 per barrel, down by half since last summer. And some Eagle Ford oil producers have been drilling but not fracking wells. The delay in completing wells avoids sending new barrels of oil into a cheap market.
For a small handful of operators, IHS reports that the drilled-but-not-completed wells will give them a big advantage over competitors.
Nearly 40 percent of those 1,400 delayed wells have a break-even costs below $30 per barrel.
The operators include BHP Billiton, Chesapeake, Anadarko Petroleum, EOG Resources, ConocoPhillips and Pioneer Resources.
When I think of the Eagle Ford, I think of EOG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment