Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Random Photos of New Housing Activity in the Heart of the Bakken -- The Bakken, North Dakota, USA

Yestrday I had the opportunity to explore the Bakken outback. I had heard stories of possible gouging on rents and property values so I wanted to check out some of this on my own.

It was an incredibly beautiful day. I had a nice chat with some property owners, real estate agents, landlords, and I came away quite impressed. There is incredible potential in the Bakken; the surface has literally been barely scratched.

I wasn't able to meet with any new tenants regarding some of their new property. The property in some cases was still being renovated.

The following is a very nice four-room pied-a-terre converted prairie school house for someone looking for a cozy little home on the prairie. For summer living, it is ready for immediate occupancy, but a few upgrades may be necessary for a North Dakota winter.




This is a steal at $150,000.

For those with a slightly larger home in mind, this one is also ready for immediate occupancy:




This is a rental. Recently rent had been about $350/month, but due to improvements this past year, the landlord will be raising the rent to $2,000/month.

And, then, finally, this fixer-upper:

Price negotiable.


No comments:

Post a Comment