Saturday, February 18, 2023

Starbucks -- February 18, 2023

Gift cards: let's see -- there's Amazon, Apple, Spotify, McDonald's, Walmart -- and the winner, winner, chicken dinner is --

This is a most interesting newsletter with regard to Starbucks.

Link here.

The reader noted the same thing I did some weeks ago: coffee this past week doubled in price at Starbucks. At least that's how the writer sees it and how many of the Starbucks' fan base would see it.

I'll archive this article. It's likely to disappear.


In addition, based on this one article, I will add SBUX to my bucket of stocks from which I buy for my 40-30-20-5-5  “new money" allocation. It will go in the "40" bucket. Something in that bucket will have to be removed.

Starbucks:

  • is able to keep selling ten-cent coffee for $3.00 a cup
  • outpaced inflation
  • maintains margins in the high 20's (percent)
  • continues to increase its dividend
  • doubles the cost of coffee in one week (see above)
  • is aggressively closing stores that need to be closed, particularly in Seattle, Portland
  • has figured out how to manage the "bathroom issue" -- and did that quietly -- which I knew they would eventually do

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them

No comments:

Post a Comment