Sunday, October 1, 2017

Stop The Presses! The Los Angeles Times For Ten Cents/Week -- Can't Give It Away -- October 1, 2017

Somebody's Crying, Chris Isaak

I assume somebody's crying at The Los Angeles Times

What do you do when you can't give it away? You charge 10 cents/week to look like it's a great deal.

This is simply the best story I've seen all week, and it wasn't even a story. Again, Don caught it. How he catches these things, I have no idea. I think his cat is a co-conspirator. Heaven knows I've sent that cat more tuna than I've bought for myself (and I won't even mention all the bets I've lost to that cat).

I digress.

Here's the "story" that Don caught. The most liberal newspaper in the USA -- more liberal than The New York Times can now be yours for only ten cents per week. Ten cents per week. Through the end of the year. That's ten cents/week for the next 12 weeks. That's about $1.20 for three months of The Los Angeles Times.

Wow, talk about an embarrassment.

But to get this great deal, you have to:
a) agree to $1.99/week after that (but you are allowed to cancel at any time); and,
b) agree to read the front page and not laugh
Okay, I made that part up about reading the front page and not laughing.


Don noted that you can't even get a Starbucks coffee for a buck-twenty.

And, no, not even for a buck-twenty for three months do I plan to subscribe.

I never want to forget:

I Walk The Line, Johnny Cash's daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment