Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Most Interesting Insight Of The Day -- Coming Up -- Stay Tuned -- May 3, 2023

Locator: 44525A.  

Connecting the dots, but it won't be linear. Mostly a jumbled mess of dots right now. I'll post these dots randomly and let readers sort it out. I can't articulate it coherently but I know I'm right on this. LOL. 

Some initial comments:

  • despite the Fed raising rates at the fastest rate ever, a lot of financial institutions (banks, e.g.) never increased the rates they paid their customers for money in savings accounts, money market funds, overnight sweeps);
  • now that more of those financial institutions are raising the rates they pay their customers for savings, a lot of folks say it's because of I-bonds;
  • and, social media;
  • in my twitter account this morning I had two ads from banks announcing they were paying upwards of 4.5% on savings (in line with I-bonds); I had never seen such ads before on my twitter account (by the way, speaking of which, not yet seeing any new BUD ads -- slow to respond to an existential threat, but I digress);

But quick: who was first to act? Who got the attention of Gens X, Y, and Z? LOL.

The ads in my twitter account:


Interactive Brokers and SoFi advertising savings rates? LOL.

By now, I'm sure folks know where I'm going with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment