Sunday, January 15, 2023

Southern Copper Is Red Hot This Year -- Michael Fitzsimmons -- January 15, 2023

Updates

January 16, 2023: why copper prices are rebounding.

Original Post 

Link here.

Investing strategy this past year (2022 --> 2023):

From December 3, 2022, my investing strategy:

"New-money allocation: 30-year horizon.

  • first and third week of every month
  • dividend-paying
  • allocation
    • 40%: Buffett-like, blue chip, DE, CAT
    • 25%: beaten down infrastructure (mostly semiconductors; copper)
    • 20%: energy (mostly oil)
    • 10%: mRNA (mostly Big Pharma)
    • 5%: Daimler Truck Group

The first and third week I take all my available cash and invest in (generally) American companies in the allotment percent as noted. 

For copper I used to only invest in SCCO but in the past six months have also added FCX for copper.

This evening, less than ten minutes ago this up in my el correo electrónico: 



 Whoo-hoo!

Michael Fitzsimmons is the SeekingAlpha contributor I "trust" the most.  

The dividend is a little lower than I like. 



Except for the past six months, this has not been a particularly good investment. I could not recommend it for those with a short horizon. But as noted, I have a 30-year horizon.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them.   

 Themes.

Themes: 2023

The Over-Riding Themes

Global energy: the 21st century is America's century.

Medicine: it's all about CRISPR, mRNA

Information: it's all about semi-conductors, automation, robotics

I ordered this book about twenty minutes ago (9:15 p.m. CT). It will arrive tomorrow, probably before noon, while I'm on the treadmill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment