Friday, December 18, 2020

Notes From All Over, Part 2 -- The Miami Vice Edition -- December 18, 2020

PSA: my greatest luxury is no need for a clock between 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday now that I'm retired. I have a busy, busy schedule between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. with Sophia and her remote learning schedule. But after 7:00 p.m. when she goes home, I am free, free, free. I stay up until well after midnight, but often wake up well before 5:00 a.m. eager to see what the market is doing, what the TCM lineup will be for the day, and the news headlines. I then go back to sleep when my cortisone level is at its nadir, 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. and reluctantly get out of bed at 9:00 a.m., mostly out of "guilt."

But I hate getting out of bed. And the wonderful thing is that I don't have to any more. If you have a cable television wi-fi and a smart tablet, wow. What a luxury. 

It's only been in the past two months or so that I've become hooked on watching television on my smart tablet in bed. 

Spectrum cable is expensive but if one takes advantage of all it has to offer, it is absolutely amazing. Watching television on an Apple iPad is more satisfying than watching it on television. So I can lay in bed, open the iPad, and screen through over 400 stations -- only four of which I actually spend much time on -- I really don't know how many stations there are -- I see numbers in the 400 range but not all "numbers are available" and I've never checked to see if there are stations higher than 4XX.

If you have cable and good wi-fi, you need a smart tablet. 

PSA: for those following the shale revolution, the best blog out there is RBN Energy. There is a new post every day. If you aren't reading RBN Energy, to paraphrase our president-elect, you aren't oily. I don't always read it -- my bad, and a real loss -- but the best part of the RBN Energy blogs are often the music notes at the end of each RBN Energy blog.

 This is so good on so many levels. Wow. I wonder if Elon Musk watched this growing up as a kid? It would explain a lot, assuming one is looking for an explanation in the first place.

Crockett's Theme, (Miami Vice), Jan Hammer

In the video above, look at the choreography that begins at 3:45. I get it took a hundred takes to get it that perfect. And that's just three seconds (at most) of a six-minute video.

Genius. 

Best episodes of Miami Vice. Link here

And for me, from the opening of season 4, episode 20 -- the "halliburton" reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment