Monday, December 20, 2021

Not Only Completing Four To Six Wells Simultaneously, But Developing Three To Four Pads In Close Proximity -- December 20, 2021

Some time ago, I stated that fracking four to eight wells at a time on one pad was now the norm in the Bakken, and that operators who failed to do this on a regular basis would not be operating for long in the Bakken.

A reader at the time responded:

A few years back, some industry executive was explaining some of the economics behind not only 4 to 6 wells per pad simultaneously being drilled/completed, but also the then-emerging trend of simultaneously developing 3 to 4 pads in close proximity.
I did not give that much thought at the time. I thought the reader was repeating what I had said, but I missed the second part of that: "... the then-emerging trend of simultaneously developing three to four pads in close proximity."
 
Wow, it just occurred to me: MRO has a three-rig drilling program in the prolific Bailey and is reporting incredible wells. Likewise, CLR has a two- to three-rig drilling program in at least one of its high-density projects, the Long Creek Unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment