Thursday, July 1, 2021

Indifference -- Or Is It Ennui? -- July 1, 2021

I'm still traveling. I have to take a break from blogging. Sorry. I assume I will be back later today. 

Until I get back, EN-JOY the Hess EN-Joyce wells

I think this expresses, best, my mood right now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jBS3UjDkWY). 


I was going to post "Reflections" from Lana Elaine Fraser but that will have to wait. 

China: for the archives / date-time: will 2022 be the year of the "silent" reunification of China? Xi knows with Biden in office, this is China's best window of opportunity, but then again, on its "100th Anniversary" a lot of this is, perhaps, just more of the same. I think the latter, but with Covid-19 compressing 2020 - 2035 into 2020 - 2025, almost anything is possible. 

Chip supply: Ford announces cut in production; not enough chips. It could take fifteen months to get inventory levels "back to normal." Healthy demand for vehicles will continue over the next twenty-four months. Normal US inventory, 4 million vehicles on lots; today about 1.5, maybe 2.0 million vehicles on lots. Fifty percent of workers not returning to work are not returning to work because they fear being exposed to Covid-19. This suggests to me there are a lot of folks who will be shifting from mass transportation to private vehicles: a) personally owned; b) Enterprise rental; and, c) Uber.

Enterprise rental: if auto rental agencies are/were able to get hands on vehicles to rent, they will/would do very, very well. The problem: the cars are simply not there. For investors: be prepared to be nimble.

No comments:

Post a Comment