Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Best Quarter Ever -- Apple -- January 28, 2020

Link here.

A day or so ago I said I would not be watching network news or blogging about non-Bakken news until the current craziness dissipates, perhaps going off the grid as it were for about ten days. Curiosity got the best of me; I was curious how Apple did this past quarter. I wasn't sure how to find the story without going to business news but I wanted to avoid that at all costs. And then I remembered: Macrumors.

Note: this is the first fiscal quarter of 2020 -- the holiday quarter, 2019, October - December, 2019.

This graphic pretty much says it all.




I can hardly wait to read the comments.

The dividend remains unchanged but will likely be increased by 10% in May, 2020.

Margins were great.

This quarter was the best in Apple's history in terms of revenue and profit, topping the first fiscal quarter of 2018. 

Conference call on-going:
  • Apple's Wearables, Home and Accessories hit $10.0 billion in revenue; surpassed the Mac ($7.2 billion) -- first time ever after coming very close in several previous quarters
  • iPhone revenue was just under $56 billion; up 8%; exceptional iPhone 11 demand; iPhone 11 was top selling model every week; Apple's second highest in history (best ever quarter was two years ago, $61.6 billion
  • shares surging
  • set records in most geographical areas and growth returned to China
  • active install base surpassed 1.5 billion
From the comments:
  • And analysts on CNBC are complaining because iPhone numbers were too good. So Apple is back to being just a hardware company and their PE is too high now. -- another reason I no longer watch CNBC

No comments:

Post a Comment