Friday, April 30, 2010

Only 45 Wells Reported in April, 2010

Again, I may be missing something, and I may be missing some reports, but generally on "New Wells Reporting," I report any well that is reported by North Dakota Industrial Commission (NDIC) and any well that I find through a press release. I don't go out of my way looking for press releases, but I bet I don't miss any. If anything, I am more liberal with reporting wells.

Regardless, my methods have not changed, but I only have 49 wells that were reported in the month of April, and unlike previous months, I've included wells that have come off the confidential list even if they have not yet reported initial production numbers.  Only 49 new wells. And some had been reported previously through a press release, so I bet truly new wells with initial production data numbered less than 45 for the month of April. None -- repeat, none -- were reported today by the NDIC. It sure seems like there should be more wells being reported with 111 rigs in the basin.  [Update: 112 today; a new record.]

Halliburton recently announced that their fracking crews will now be working 24/7 in North Dakota. It is obvious fracking is the chokepoint in completing these wells in North Dakota.  But if the price of oil continues to trend up, this may not be all bad news for the drillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment