Sunday, December 31, 2023

Cornish Hen For New Year's Eve -- December 31, 2023

Locator: 46434RECIPES.

I am making Cornish hen for New Year's Eve dinner this evening.

From a post many years ago. 

 **************************************
Cornish Hen

If I am dining alone on Thanksgiving, my preferred dish: Cornish hen. 

Because I will be dining with Corky, Sophia, and Sophia's family tomorrow, I  had my Thanksgiving-dinner-for-one tonight. And wow, it turned out nicely. Mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, and Cornish hen. Next year I will add the sides. LOL.

Preparation: ten minutes, at most.

  • Cornish hen baked on a bed of rosemary and thyme; always trussed;
  • first time, tonight, I added a slice of thick-cut, high-quality bacon -- just one slice -- on the bed of rosemary/thyme;
  • brushed with oil; rub of Weber's "Kickin' Chicken," small amount of pepper; smaller amount of salt;
  • basted with butter during cooking
  • one Cornish hen: 60 minutes uncovered; an additional 15 minutes covered; at 350°F

Note: if you like crispy skin, and I do, so I will do this differently next time, don't baste with butter

Before: 

After:

No comments:

Post a Comment