Friday, April 15, 2022

How Bored Am I? And This Is Only The First Six Hours Of A Three-Day Weekend -- April 15, 2022

How bored am I? 

I'm reading IRS instructions just for the "fun" of it. LOL. That's how bored I am.

One of the themes of the blog is the incredible amount of money in the United States, in general, and then, specifically, for some individuals .

Break. Break. You have read that a lot of billionaires do not pay any Federal taxes. I think I have discovered the reason. Read on. 

I know that the US Congress will pass laws with language that specifically pertains to one individual or one corporation but by law the the law cannot name the specific individual or corporation, so they write a law that refers, for example, to any individual who owes more than $3 million in taxes, who lives in an under-populated county in a small midwestern state, and whose last name starts with "R" and ends with "N."

I doubt the IRS posts rules that pertain to only one individual in the entire United States. I assume that any rule the IRS posts is because there are are more than a handful of taxpayers that are targeted by the rule. 

I am beyond flabbergasted that the IRS has to post this rule:

The IRS is unable to accept checks of $100 million or more. Are you serious? Did you know that?

There are so many story lines there. 

I doubt the IRS posted a whole paragraph directed at one individual which means that there at least two folks who have estimated quarterly payments of $100 million or more. 

So, three things.

First, that corroborates my "theory" that there's a lot of money in the US.

Second, it explains why there is no billionaire tax. The IRS would have trouble "handling" quarterly estimated payments.

Third, this proves just how bored I am. Reading IRS instructions and blogging about them. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment