Saturday, April 8, 2023

SRE: For The Archives -- April 8, 2023

Locator: 44339B.

SRE: link here.

This item, published March 13, 2023, from Simply Wall Street, with this summary:

  • the projected fair value for Sempra Energy is $111 based on Dividend Discount Model
  • Sempra Energy is estimated to be 30% overvalued based on current share price of US$144
  • Analyst price target for SRE is $170, which is 53% above our fair value estimate [(170-111)/111 = 53%].

On the day this item was posted, March 13, 2023, SRE was trading at $144.

I guess a lot of folks didn't read the linked article.

Most recent trading day, April 6, 2023, SRE was trading at $155.34.

Readers know that I call SRE "a $124-stock."

So, I guess if I were a trader, I would have shorted or sold SRE in mid-March based on the Simply Wall Street article. And then would have watched SRE melt up almost 8% over the next few weeks, with a dividend yield greater than 3 percent.

Analyst target:

  • (170 - 155)/155 = 10% increase over the next full year.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

All my posts are done quickly: there will be content and typographical errors. If anything on any of my posts is important to you, go to the source. If/when I find typographical / content errors, I will correct them

Again, all my posts are done quickly. There will be typographical and content errors in all my posts. If any of my posts are important to you, go to the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment