Tuesday, May 7, 2013

TPLM -- Filloon At SeekingAlpha

Somehow I missed this one. Mike Filloon looks at Triangle Petroleum after earnings came out. This was posted at SeekingAlpha.com a couple days ago, May 2, 2013. Somehow I missed  it.
Of all the operators in the Bakken, Triangle may be the most interesting. Not only because of how quickly it has grown, but where it came from. When it first began purchasing acreage in North Dakota, it already had sizeable acreage in Nova Scotia. This 410,000 net acres is in a gas dominated area, and at this time is not economic.
I first covered Triangle in February of 2011, and the stock has not performed well over this time frame. For those who have traded it, there has been some money to be made. Triangle is stuck in range and right now is a very good time to accumulate shares.
Triangle and Kodiak are both top Bakken stock picks for 2013. When I initially made the call, I recommended waiting for a buying opportunity in both names. Now that both are selling at a discount it is a good time to accumulate shares. Two other stocks I like and own are Bonanza Creek and Synergy Resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment