This is linked at the top of the sidebar at the right during earnings season. After earnings -- pretty much after Whiting and Apple posts their earning, this post will move back into obscurity.
This is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here. If this is important to you, go to the source. There will be content and typographical errors on this page. If something looks wrong, it probably is.
NOG: posted here;
TSLA: blows past estimates; fourth consecutive quarter showing a profit;
BRK: contributor over at SeekingAlpha. Monthly update of dividend-paying stocks held by Berkshire Hathaway. I have not read of the article, mostly the summary, and even not much of that.
AAPL: Morgan Stanley-- Apple to outperform 2Q20 estimates; forecast revenue and EPS of $55.1 billion and $2.18 EPS; posted July 26, 2020; Apple to report after market closes on July 31; on July 24, CNN reported earnings and sales forecast for AAPL: EPS, $2.03; sales, $51.9 billion; outstanding shares, 4.33 billion [4.33 x 2.03 = 8.7899].
AAPL: earnings here; record for the June quarter;
VZ: beats estimates; EPS, $1.13 per share, vs 40.95 per share a year earlier.
- MFST: $10.6 billion, reports July 30, 2020
- AAPL: $8.8 billion; AAPL topped MSFT by 5% in 1Q20
- so, EPS numbers to watch -- MSFT, 10; AAPL: 9.
BlackRock profit beats Street estimates. Profit jumps 21% on fixed-income boost.
Market finally notices: retail sales jump 7.5% in June, 2020. Excluding gasoline, US retail sales have come all the way back ot pre-pandemic trendline growth.
Analyst: Amazon will beat 2Q20 earnings estimate. Calls for revenue of $81.3 billion, a 28% year-over-year increase and above the high end of Amazon's guidance of between $75 billion and $81 billion. The estimate is 0.8% above consensus.
Tesla: Tesla vehicle registrations in California dropped by half in 2Q20. Link here.
Fast and furious. I've just scanned the financial headlines, and the earnings reports are surprisingly good. Headlines without links are from Yahoo!Finance:
- Morgan Stanley earnings crushes views, link here;
- Morgan Stanley joins Wall Street's gold rush with record profit;
- Bank of America, link here;
- AstraZeneca stock jumps on report of positive data on Covid-19 vaccine trial;
- Domino's US sales surge on pizza demand during pandemic;
- Johnson & Johnson earnings top; Dow Jones giant raises full-year guidance;
- Abbot Labs' stock gains after profit, revenue and full-year outlook top expectations;