Thursday, March 19, 2015

Minerals Tracking Site Looking For Folks Willing To Beta-Test The Site -- March 19, 2015

www.myminerals.com is looking for some folks with minerals to test out their new site. I don't have any minerals, but I have gone to the site and given them my e-mail address and county where I have (fantasy) mineral rights, to help them test their site.

The individuals at myminerals.com are hoping to get a number of folks interested to test the new site. If I understand them correctly, once they have a number of folks interested, they will then poll the "beta testers" to see what functionality (or functionalities) those early testers are most interested in.

I will be "playing" with fantasy minerals to help them develop their site. One of the things I hope to gain from this: apparently their maps load more quickly than Bing or Google maps. Long-time readers might remember a Bakken mapping service that was absolutely incredible, but it was not up very long due to personal health reasons involving the website designer. There are other map sites, none of which I use any more, and to the best of my knowledge, they only "map"; they don't help mineral owners track "their" wells with regard to production. 

The second thing I would be interested in: if the myminerals.com has an "app" that can be accessed through the Apple app store or similar store at an Android/Google site. 

If the site works, I hope they break down production by oil, natural gas, and other produced products.

I don't have any personal relationship with the developers of myminerals.com but they have been in touch with me over the past few months and everything seems to be "on the up and up," as they say. I am not being reimbursed anything for this "shout-out." I just like to see the where these products might take us.

*********************************
Origami

Our 8-y/o granddaughter loves origami -- Japanese paper folding. She really seems to have a natural talent. She goes on-line, generally to Facebook, to find origami challenges. It was ironic, then, that this week's issue of The New Yorker had the directions for making a rose using a square of pink paper.

Like many examples of how to fold something, in the Japanese style, a step or two is missing, in this case, between step 3 and step 4. 

See if you can fill in the necessary steps:


No comments:

Post a Comment