Monday, July 15, 2019

DUCs In The Permian Continue To Build -- July 15, 2019

Someone else (Z4 Research, in this case) is following the number of DUCs also. From earlier this afternoon (July 15, 2019):
Permian growth is expected to be 34,000 bopd above July (last month July was to be up 55,000). Meanwhile Permian DUCs continued to build through June (latest data) at about the same rate they have been (up 42 this month) while overall oil shale play DUCs fell 41 in June.
Tag: DUCs.

Bakken DUCs are tracked here. The May, 2019, data (Director's Cut) will be released tomorrow.

Let Me Go My Merry Way, Charlie Rich

It's hard to believe this song was actually written by Charlie Rich -- it sounds like a much older song, a folk song from the Deep South, from a different era. Or perhaps taken from an old spiritual. I don't know. But it sounds eerily familiar.

Later, a day or so later: this song was driving me nuts. I knew I had heard it somewhere before .... a reader sent me a suggestion ...

It took awhile but I finally connected the dots. This song was driving me nuts. I knew I had heard it before.

This is the song that drove me nuts:


A reader suggested:


which was close, of the same genre, but it wasn't it.

Then, after listening to the song that was driving me nuts, listening to it over and over, I realized with each re-listening I was only a few neurons from making the connection.

Finally, I got it. I found the song. After a dozen times playing a few bars during the middle of the song, I realized I had heard the song before.

But where?

Finally, another several times listening to the song, and then it came to me, a .... movie ... a movie .. a Disney movie perhaps?

And the the last neuron connected. I had the song. You may or may not agree, but the tune, the male voice, even the message of the lyrics -- it all fit ..

... you can listen to the Charlie Rich song a few times, ...
... and then listen to Randy Newman's "You Got A Friend In Me" from Toy Story 1
It doesn't matter whether you agree with me that the two songs sound alike but for me the mystery is solved. I can go to bed tonight without this song driving me nuts. 

4 comments:

  1. Today's DPR predicts Bakken to cross 3 BCF/d natgas in AUG. Note that included MT Bakken counties. But still. 3 BCF/d is equivalent to what the Fayetteville was a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely incredible .. and that, folks, is why crude oil production in the Bakken is being choked back. The system simply cannot handle all that natural gas.

      Delete
    2. Let the night skies burn. Hoist the pirate flag and tell the greenies to get bent. I knew this would happen when they came up with the flaring "targets". It's not like companies want to flare. If they have capacity to ship the gas, they will. But now you are shutting in oil. Absolutely predictable. Burgum should get them to rescind the whole flaring bill.

      Delete
    3. But it certainly explains why operators of DAPL want to double capacity, but the NG gathering and processing companies have a lot of work to do.

      Delete