CLR: mixed; EPS way down from last year, but only missed estimates by a penny; on the other hand, revenues up.
Oasis: beats. Barely.
Morgan Stanley: mixed; shares up slightly so investors must have liked the results; but not a particularly good story;
Baker Hughes (GE): beats; shares up 5% on the news
Whiting: huge, unexpected loss. Forecast to earn 30 cents; in fact, lost 28 cents. Cut one-third of its work-force. Banks are probably "driving" the company.
AAPL: July 30, 2019, after close; EPS forecast, $2.10; a year ago: $2.34;
Suncor: 5% rise in 2Q19 operating profit and higher upstream production.
July 25, 2019:
- GOOGL: jumps 9%; up $103/share; sales beat expectations;
- AMZN: shares down about 1.5%, hardly concerning; "Amazon reports disappointing Q2 results"; revenue growth accelerating but costs associated with same-day delivery cut into EPS -- hardly a concern;
- INTC: shares jump 5%; up $2.65 to trade at $54.81; beats on 2Q19 results; raises guidance
- CMCSA: shares down a percent; earnings beat; revenue light as video subscriber loss grows
- FSLR: delays report; will report August 1
- TMUS: shares down 1.5%; strong earnings trumped by silence on Sprint merger deal
- SBUX: up 6%; soars to all-time high on strong earnings
- BAX: reported earlier; shares up 1.5% today; boosts full-year outlook after topping 2Q19 estimates
F: beats on both top and bottom line but shares plunge 7% due to weak guidance
FB: beats; shares up about 1%
BA: huge loss; much worse than expected; MAX 737 a disaster
CAT: down 5% after reporting miss; down $7 to $131.
EW: huge earnings; outlook -- stock jumped as much as 13%; up $25; hitting all-time high of almost $220.
HAL: jumped 9% today after announcing earnings.
SLB: earnings of 35 cents in line with estimates; the bottom line, however, declined from 43 cents a year ago; revenues of $8.269 billion almost identical to last year; beat estimates of $8.115 billion
UNP: huge beat;
BK: beats on earnings; but a mixed report overall;
BAC: beats on earnings; net income rose 13% year-over-year.
IBM: met on revenue; beat on earnings.
Deere and Tractor Supply: see this note.
JP Morgan: huge beat; see this note;
July 16, 2019: QCOM, BK, railroads --