Friday, April 17, 2020

Cleaning Off The Desktop -- April 17, 2020

I'm off the internet until later this evening. I won't reply to e-mail or moderate comments until later this evening. Full day with Sophia .... starts now!

Weather: winter just won't quit. Another day of clouds, and cool weather. Though no rain is in the forecast, it certainly looks like rain. 

I haven't had time to get to these stories. Maybe later, but need to get the graphics off my cluttered desktop.

Bragging rights: at 89 cents/gallon, Wisconsin still has bragging rights.

Really? The other day I mentioned I needed new shoes. Today, of all things, a pop-up ad directed me to a shoe retailer. I don't recall seeing a shoe ad in a very long time, if ever, and all of a sudden, I get a pop-up ad for shoes after mentioning it in the blog. Now to have some fun: I'm going to click on that ad, and see how many more shoe ads pop up.

Dak Prescott: the last time I listened to talk radio was about three weeks ago. At that time, I thought the Cowboys had signed Dak Prescott. My brother-in-law called last night -- he said in passing that Dak has not signed. Say what? Wow. So I googled Dak Prescott news. Has this country gone nuts? The first story that popped up: Texas law enforcement raided Dak Prescott's estate based on a tip from a neighbor that more than ten people were at his house. My hunch: more to the story than we are being told.

Soccer ball: Sophia is five years old; will be six this summer. She needs a new size 3 soccer ball. She has one in her soccer bag but that's at her house; she needs a second ball here at her second house. LOL. Winner: Amazon. $11.10. Free delivery; loser: Walmart. The local judge is deciding winners and losers. Not me.

Cry me a river: years ago, this video fascinated me. I still watch it every so often. The fact that this video shows only 600,000 hits tells me the "original" was removed and a new one posted. I was sure I saw Jennifer Warnes among the back-up singers, but I couldn't find anyone who agreed with me, nor did the touring schedule support her presence. But, now things have been clarified, and I see another individual says Jennifer Warnes  was in the group.


Eggs: link here.
  • one dozen eggs: less than one cup of Starbucks coffee, and I haven't been to Starbucks in weeks;
  • eggs = heart disease, some say;
  • eggs much improved over those in 1951; penny per protein unchanged
  • gasoline prices down; egg prices up; it's a wash
  • eggs in short supply; a glut of bacon -- some of us will just have to re-balance our morning breakfasts 
  • eggs rationed in Texas -- oh, that was so yesterday -- actually it was 2015;
Silver: link here. Three days ago, I recommended silver and Lego for collectors. LOL. Prescient. At least on the silver.


Media meltdown, link here:


Prince Charles / Camilla: so irrelevant -- Wuhan flu status hardly reported. Apparently, despite their advanced ages, they both suffered a minor "cold." 

US crude oil supply: huge story. I haven't had time to get to it. Surprised no one else has reported it. Maybe later today if I have time.

Wuhan flu: reading social media,
I get the feeling folks don't understand viral diseases. We will all eventually get it -- unless it simply fades away after November 8, 2020 -- which of course means another two weeks of self-quarantine whenever that happens -- and for families -- it will likely come in waves -- suggesting that we will see record school absences next fall -- assuming the public schools even open this fall.
Speaking of which: whatever happened to the hydroxychloroquine story? If it's the silver bullet, one would think we would be hearing more about it. A quick google search suggests .... well, I'll let others sort this one out. Israel apparently puts study on hold; a French study says it doesn't work.
Wuhan flu: are we looking at an entire year when Disney theme parks are shut down? Disney is still paying its them park workers? Are we looking at an entire year of no MLB, no NFL, possibly no NBA? Obviously the political conventions are at risk, and considering the outcomes are already known, Trump v Biden, there's no reason at all to hold these political rallies.

Wuhan flu: five states.

Wuhan flu:


Border wall: moving along quickly.

Soccer:


No comments:

Post a Comment