Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Cookies And Targeted Ads -- Quite Incredible -- May 25, 2022

Updates

Later, 7:43 p.m. CT: I told this story to our "Lego-daughter." She says a Lego-friend of hers alerted her to  Lego's "Starry, Starry Night" Apparently a new item from Lego. I don't know. I will have to check. But, if so, perhaps simply coincidental. But it certainly seems not to be (coincidental).

Original Post 

Last night, Sophia wanted to paint Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry, Starry Night."

So, I googled the subject, found a copy of the painting, printed it, gave it to Sophia and she painted her picture. 

 Never gave it another thought. 

This morning, in my yahoo e-mail, this popped up:
 

Tracking technology is a whole lot more sophisticated than folks realize. When I access the Lego page, I "accept cookies." At that point, Lego can track every site I visit. I google  Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry, Starry Night" and Lego sends me a targeted ad. 

I am truly, truly impressed. 

Doesn't bother me a bit. If Lego wasn't tracking me, how would I ever know they had a "Starry, Starry Night" set? LOL.

I don't recall looking for a Lamborghini recently -- although I did some time ago -- and last week Lego sent me a targeted ad for their new Lamborghini model. Pretty impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment