Thursday, September 11, 2014

Random Update Of Three Wells In Westberg Oil Field -- September 11, 2014

I track the Westberg oil field here. Here are a couple of updates from the Westberg oil field:
July 12, 2013: Whiting with two huge wells:
  • 22388, 4,956, Whiting, Skaar Federal 41-3-3H, Westberg, middle Bakken; Pioneer 74 Flex rig; gas averaged 276 through the lateral but spiked to 3,895 units and above; did not see completion data;  t6/13; cum 244K 4/14 @10,000 bbls per month oil.
  • 22386, 4,456, Whiting, Skaar Federal 41-3-1H, Westberg, middle Bakken; Pioneer 74 Flex rig; gas averaged 484 throughout the lateral, but spikes of 7,000 units and above were noted; did not see completion data; t6/13; cum 213K 4/14; @13,000 bbls per month oil.
October 12, 2011: incredible Westberg well:
  • 18691, 3,731, Newfield, Wisness Federal 152-96-4-2H  --- 35,849 bbls in first 25 days. Okay. Westberg field, Bakken. One section spacing. Middle Bakken at 10,573 feet.  26 stages. 2.2 million pounds of proppant;  no acid. s4/11; t7/11; cumulative 61,336 bbls in 53 days (less than 2 months); total depth 16,012 feet; fracked "on time." Sand only. I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. Cumulative 287K 4/14 @ 4,000 bbls/month oil.
**********************
A Nice Trilogy: Two Books And A Television Series

For a 3-hour university credit in political science 101, one might consider reading two books while watching a Netflix hit.

The two books:
  • A Cruel and Shocking Act: The Secret History of the Kennedy Assassination, Philip Shenon and Robert Petkoff, c. 2013
  • Camelot's Court: Inside the Kennedy White House, Robert Dallek, c. 2013
The Netflix series:
  • "House of Cards'; first and second series available on DVD
It seems there was a plethora of books on JFK published with a copyright date of 2013. The assassination was in 1963.

************************
A Note for the Granddaughters
Nothing About The Bakken

[I wrote this some weeks ago; never got around to posting it. Will post it here, simply for the archives.]

It is great to be back home, but I already miss my dad, Williston, and all the folks I met while I was back in North Dakota.

Even though I'm retired, and not doing anything, I still find the two weeks "on the road" a real vacation. From what, I'm not sure.

The cross-country driving certainly gives me a lot of time to reflect. I catch snippets of right-wing talk radio and much longer segments of NPR. I much prefer the latter. I catch new music. I take a stack of books I've been meaning to read, and I pick up additional books at Books On Broadway in Williston.

For the archives, this is "where" I've been for the past three or four weeks. Because of the movie The Great Gatsby I was back in my "great Gatsby" phase. I happened to pick up Supreme City: How Jazz Age Manhattan Gave Birth to Modern America here in Texas before I started the road trip; that was the book I read while on the road these past two weeks. I've not completed it, but I've read most of it, and I've read enough of it to know which chapters I want to read again. Interestingly enough. F Scott Fitzgerald is hardly mentioned in the book.

Just prior to leaving for Williston, we watched the DVD movie, Tim's Vermeer.  We had seen the movie at the Ft Worth Modern Museum of Art; I was so taken by it that I wanted the DVD. It's an incredible story. Two other artists/art historians/books were mentioned with regard to this movie, Vermeer's Camera, by Philip Steadman, and Secret Knowledge: Rediscovering the Lost Techniques of the Old Masters, by David Hockney; both authors were featured in the movie. Before leaving on my trip, I ordered both from Amazon.com and when I returned home, they had arrived. I've read the first two chapters of the Steadman book and am not disappointed.

I bought two books at Books on Broadway, one on "the" assassination and one on "Camelot's Court." Chuck does a great job showcasing the books. I will talk about these two books in a later post.

Idle rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment