Thursday, February 21, 2019

Was Occasional-Cortex On The Board? -- February 21, 2019

I can't wait to read about this ... later. Link here.



******************************
TSLA Drops Well Below $300

Consumer Reports disses. Significant reliability problems. Must have been the cold weather.

**************************************
US Crude Oil Exports

I missed this earlier, but fortunately caught it in a tweet from Crudehead / #OOTT.
Then, later a reader sent me this note:
Oil exports of 3,607,000 barrels per day are not unremarkable...in fact it tops the previous record by 12%:
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=WCREXUS2&f=W

(Ok, i missed this the first time I looked at it, too ... it took a CNBC headline to clue me in ... Imust be slowing down in my old age...)
That caught my attention. I really didn't pay attention until the reader sent me the above note but think about that ... the US is producing about 12 million bopd and is now exporting almost 4 million bopd.

Not only is the US exporting record amounts of crude oil, but just as important we aren't importing much. The money in both directions is important, but even more importantly, we are no longer being held hostage to some foreign country or cartel supplying that oil.  

4 million bopd x $50/bbl  = $200 million/day = $73,000 million / year

$22 trillion / $73 billion =  220 x 10^11 / 73 x 10^9 = 3.01 x 10^2 = 301 years. Sort of puts the $22 trillion US debt into perspective. 

***************************************
For The Granddaughters 
My Playlist At Midnight

The Last Train To Clarksville, The Monkees

Yellow River. Living next door to Alice. Pussycat. Lights on the hill. Filmed on Bruce Highway. Great name for a highway.


Got my mind set on you. Twist in my sobriety. Sealed with a kiss. Sixteen reasons. Runaway. And then this. Mr Lonely. Red River Ball. We'll sing in the sunshine. I go to pieces.

Nothing has haunted me so much as this clip in a long, long time. Knowing the plot of this movie, I could never, never watch it. It would be way too painful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment