Monday, April 25, 2016

Even For Statoil, This Is One To Write Home About -- An IP Of 5,010 (Crude Oil) -- April 25, 2016; Twelve (12) Permits Renewed Including The Enerplus "Kittens"

Active rigs:


4/25/201604/25/201504/25/201404/25/201304/25/2012
Active Rigs2684182186209

Wells coming off the confidential list Tuesday:
  • 30770, SI/NC, XTO, FBIR Grinnell 34X-33F, Heart Butte, no production data,
  • 31513, 371, SM Energy, Larson Federal 15-34H, West Ambrose, t3/16; cum --
Three (3) new permits --
  • Operator: WPX
  • Fields: Mandaree (Dunn), Reunion Bay (Dunn)
  • Comments:
Twelve (12) permit renewals:
  • Enerplus (6), six "cats" all in Dunn County (calico, bengal, manx, tabby, siamese, persian)
  • Petro-Hunt (2), a Dolezal permit in Dunn County; a CMNU well in McKenzie County
  • WPX (2), two Goodbird wells in Dunn County
  • MRO, a Dora USA well in Mountrail County
  • Fram Operating, a Danny Funke well in Renville County
One (1) producing well completed:
  • 25858, 5,010, Statoil, Skarston 1-12 5H, Banks, a middle Bakken well, 
I track the Skarston wells here; last time I checked most of the Skarston wells on the 8-well pad were SI/NC (DUCs).

For newbies, what is the record IP in the Bakken? See question #9 over at FAQs.
From the Whiting 1Q15 transcript: The Flatland Federal 11-4TFH well produced at an initial rate of 7,800 BOEs per day during a 24-hour test of the Three Forks formation, making this the very best well in the basin. The Flatland Federal 11-4HR well produced at an initial rate of 7,100 BOEs per day during a 24-hour test of the Middle Bakken formation.
From a November 11, 2014, post (see also the November 25, 2014, post, same subject); The first well, in the Middle Bakken formation, was completed with 94 stages and was flowing 7,120 BOE/d on October 10, 2014, according to the operator. When the well was completed, it established a world record for number of stages in a single well.
Soon after, an offset well in the Upper Three Forks formation was completed with 104 stages. This well was flowing 7,824 BOE/d on October 11, 2014. This was a hybrid completion comprising 97 NCS GripShift cemented casing sleeves, with seven NCS BallShift cemented ball-drop sleeves in the lower section of the well. In both wells, all stages were successfully fractured.
For newbies, a recent post on another great Flatland Federal well.

******************************
Life Just Got Better

Back in the 1990's while serving in Turkey, I started collecting silver and gold coins. And then after a couple of years I quit. I remember carrying all those coins back from Turkey through "passport control" and customs.

The metal detector picked up on the coins. The customs folks were not concerned about the coins; their x-ray machine couldn't see between the coins and had to hand-check everything, thinking I might be hiding contraband behind the metal.

I bought coins on a regular basis every month for awhile and then I quit. I'm not sure why I quit. I regret it now, of course, that I quit.

But a few months ago I resolved to start again. It turns out there is a pretty good Texas coin show once a month here in Grapevine. This past weekend I finally starting buying a few coins again, and I plan to do so every month.

In addition to whatever else I might buy, I've decided that I will buy a one-ounce silver coin every time I come across some stupid state government or federal government decision to deny some fossil energy permit. Today, I'm committed to another silver dollar: New York state keystoned the Constitution natural gas pipeline.

I might buy one or two silver coins after reading that it will take "only" 27 months for the Canadian government to decide whether to approve crude oil pipelines out of landlocked Alberta.

You have no idea how good it makes me feel now to read about another "keystone" story. Another silver dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment