Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Quick! How Long Does It Take To Drill A 2.5 Mile Long Horizontal In The Bakken -- November 14, 2017

Answer: three days.

Don't believe me? Listen to Lynn Helms at Platts.

And much more at the podcast.

****************************
The Movie and Television Page
Belated "Happy Birthday" To Norman Lloyd
103 Years Old Last Week

Quick: who is the oldest working Hollywood actor?

From wiki:
Norman Lloyd (born Norman Perlmutter; November 8, 1914) is an American actor, producer and director with a career in entertainment spanning eight decades.
He has worked in every major facet of the industry including radio, theatre, television and film dating back to the Great Depression, and at 103 years of age is the oldest working Hollywood actor.

The series ran from 1982 to 1988: I don't recall seeing any of the episodes, but for some reason it seems I must have watched it. I left the United States in 1983 and remained overseas for 13 consecutive years while serving in the US Air Force. If I saw any of the episodes I would have seen the first season's episodes in 1982-1983 while stationed at Grand Forks AFB,  ND. But after June, 1983, any "American" television I saw until 1996 was on one station: Armed Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS).

No comments:

Post a Comment