Monday, November 16, 2015

New Classifications Of Natural Gas Storage Regions -- November 16, 2015

These natural gas regions align much more closely with the crude oil PAD districts (PADDS).



************************************
The Apple Page

Tim Cook says he has no plans to merge the "tablet" with the "laptop." That is what Microsoft did with the Surface.

It's interesting to read the comments. My knee-jerk reaction was to agree with Tim: the tablet and the laptop (or the tablet and the PC) are two different animals, and trying to merge them into one will result in a less satisfying experience.

I am sitting here, working on my MacBook Air, doing things I cannot do on an iPad (certainly not easily). My workhorse is the MacBook Air. But I do occasionally use my iPad but not very much any more.

However, if I could have this very same MacBook Air experience, and then when I'm done, and ready to go out for coffee, and just remove the "monitor" -- i.e., the tablet, that would be awesome. Most folks know that Apple users can partition their Apple computers to run on Apple OS as well as on a PC operating system. There should be no reason that when the monitor is attached to the MacBook Air keyboard it runs the standard Apple Mac OS, but when the monitor comes off, it flips to Apple mobile OS.

Imagine how much more capability the complete system would have. One would have battery power in the monitor (the tablet) as well as in the MacBook Air keyboard. There would be memory in each half -- both RAM and flash.

My hunch is that Apple engineers are already working this issue, and some day we will have a tablet that remains a 100% tablet when standing along, but then becomes a simple monitor when plugged into the MacBook Air keyboard.

My 409, The Beach Boys and Junior Brown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment