Saturday, October 18, 2014

Another Link? -- October 18, 2014; In-Fill Wells In The North Dakota Bakken

I assume everyone except me was aware of this link: economic calendar. For all I know I've linked it elsewhere at the blog, but have simply forgotten.
This was the link that led me to it. Nice summary.

*******************************
Infill Wells In The North Dakota Bakken?

A reader has asked a very interesting question over at the discussion group, asking where one thinks "infill drilling" is headed in the North Dakota Bakken. I assume she means geographically: which county, which area in a specific county, which fields, etc. I've provided my initial thoughts. I'm interested in what others have to say. I'm sure it's a question many readers have been asking.


*******************************
Standing In Line To Vote ...

I love politics. As a spectator, not as a participant.
Tomorrow (Sunday) there will be a very, very interesting article in The New York Times on the mid-term elections just a couple of weeks from now. I alluded to that very issue without getting into specifics (for very good reasons) on this post two days ago. And that's why I love to blog. Develop a world view, a model, a theory, whatever, and then tweak it as new data becomes available.

2 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that the "in fill" wells will be the successful well pads that are already producing in 4 of the top oil producing counties of McKenzie, Mountrail, Dunn and Williams. The producers already know what the location can produce and they don't have to "wildcat" hoping to get a good well. They know they will already get one. So by "in fill" wiith multiple wells on a successful pad, they get their bang for a buck so to speak. My family has a few wells that had one well drilled on each pad in Williams county. They are now permitted for multiple. One with 2 more wells and 2 others have been approved 7 on each pad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree completely. Seven to eight wells on a pad in the better areas will be the norm, and will gradually increase to significantly more.

      Delete